I am heading to the beach for a week. Here’s a little recap of things:
1) Last Friday I had a meeting with the food editor of this hip SF magazine. I was a half-hour late, because of a perfect storm: a) I went to the wrong restaurant and b) my Blackberry died on the way there. When I showed up, sweating profusely and totally out of sorts, the editor was finishing her soup and closing out the check. Amazingly, she was very gracious and we got along swimmingly; it went from a total fail to a win. She used to work with Alice Waters and promised to connect me to everybody I “need to know” in San Francisco.
2) I may have forgotten to mention I’m moving to SF at the end of September. Don’t worry, I still will be working on EQ from afar, and writing a bunch of stories I have stored up. Including- a feature on Darryl Strawberry! More on that soon…
3) We decided to get the Breville indoor grill, kind of an upscale George Foreman. Our criterion: it’s the thing we will use the most. Fair?
4) How did I forget to tell you we attended the very last of these crazy pop-up dinners! The food was phenomenal, I’ll tell more about that later.
5) The Voice editor had a family emergency so my story is on hold for now. Will keep you posted.
And now…I’m off! Ciao bellas.